गुरुवार, १० जानेवारी, २००८

Puraani jeans………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all.

Today accidentally I was listening this song, “purani jeans”, this song is about old college days. While listening it, no surprise, took me back to my college days. Suddenly all four years became fresh in my mind.

I still remember my first day in college when after searching my college address for about an hour I reached my classroom, only to come across a senior, and situation was perfect to get ragged. Some how I managed to come out from there. First year was so gone fast like anything. I got late admission in college, in 4th round of admission. So I had to cope up for the lost time and studies. Assignments were out in no time. And semester exam was within 2 months. I managed to get first class somehow. In engineering we have to maintain first class in all semesters, so as to get descent placement. So, I somehow managed to do that.

Second semester also went without notice. It was first time I was coming to know, what is college festivals, college days and all. It was so fascinating for me. Entire semester I was busy in that only, but as a participant only. Major amount of time was being spent in classes and assignments. And above that, I was traveling from Thane to Andheri daily by local train, which was taking around 4 hrs everyday. So no time to get bored. Soon, that semester was also a past. But during that I managed to get some good friends also.

2nd and 3rd year was nothing new. Same story. I was still in 60s, rather I should say, I some how maintained 60 in each semester. At start of third year, I was on first outing with my friends. Me, arshat, chetan and umesh, we had small 2 days picnic to “Ganpatipule”, for me the purest place on earth. Two days with friends, away from family and college was great experience. Only after 4th semester I got introduced to viva thing. And I tell you it was amazing experience; you can never make out whether your viva was good or bad. After 5th semester I was introduced to term “Paper presentation”. For a shy guy like me, it was huge challenge to stand in front of crowd and deliver a presentation, but I did well, I don’t know how, but did well is what matters.

Taking this confidence, I took participation in “Paper presentation” competition in festivals in next semester. This was my first extra curricular activity in entire academic life. And I did it for the only purpose of my resume; I really had nothing to write on my resume. And thanks to my friend “Deepak Patil (aka Dinku)”, it was his professional approach towards competition, and our hard work, which lead us to win consolation prize in competition. My confidence was at par now, I was took part in all games after that, in every festival, and to my surprise I did well in everything.

This was 6th semester, the semester in which our class had first picnic, actually it was planned to be industrial visit, but turned out picnic. I was into entirely different world that time, this was different from school picnics, it was picnic of college students. I enjoyed it a lot. Now, as 6th semester was passing, our placements were coming nearer. This was the time when I had to do my best, for which I worked hard 3 years, traveled 4 hrs every day to college, leaving College nearer to my home, and chose this college. Placements were to begin soon, after 6th semester exam.

It was altogether different atmosphere in class, everybody collecting information about different companies, and was busy in deciding about which company to get in. I was not really thinking in that direction, I was like; I will get in the first company whichever will take me, let it be software or core, it didn’t matter for me. And I had prepared myself for sitting for all companies, and according to my calculations, I was to get placement after 2-3 months the placement starts. But time had something different for me in store.

Placements began. First company was “Bajaj”, offering a good package. Everybody including me was excited. But as per my expectations, I didn’t clear aptitude itself. First chance was gone, but I didn’t feel bad, as I was prepared for that. Next was “Larson and Tubro Ltd.”, much hyped company in all four years. Especially for mechanical engineers, getting into this company was like dream. I was eligible to sit for the aptitude, so sat for that. To my surprise, I cleared aptitude, and it made me even more surprised when I heard, I was selected by the company. It was so quick; placement for me was over within two companies. I was so happy and my family was even happier, as they finally saw their son getting a job. Days were not going to be same after this, and certainly they weren’t.

Now, this last year was going to be special. I was already placed, so was looking for other things, like fun and masti. I never noticed, how 3 years went, and I forgot to get real taste of what is college life. I had bunch of good friends by now, with whom I used to hang out, and having fun. Many students were preparing for CAT, GRE in this semester, but I chose to do nothing, I wanted to live this last year of college to the fullest, I and did the same. I was not that serious about studies, and even more ignorant about submissions. My mind was like, stopped working.

Towards end of the semester, I met two girls, our juniors. Ya, its first time in my post there is mention of girls. But in no time, these First year girls were quite good friends.

The 7th semester ended with a lot ease. Then it was last semester of college, the most fresh in my mind, most memorable one. The semester started with me entering the 9 to 10 lecture at exactly 9.55. It was awesome feeling. And on very first day bunking remaining lectures and going for a movie, and then Juhu beach. This was indication of how this semester was going to be. And after that it became like routine, bunking lectures, wondering around, hanging out in canteen, we all friends including those FE girls.

It was in this semester I was out for a picnic with class again, this time a big one, to “Rajasthan”, for about a week. & days of non stop fun, away from college, and home, days were great and nights were extra great. “Ultimate fun”, only these two words can explain those days. We were completely out of studies this semester. After picnic, it was time for farewells, yes, we had two farewells. One from entire college and one from our “Mechanical Department”, both were great, and touchy. As it was hard to believe that four years were over, and as my friend arshat says, we were “Almost Engineers”….

I still remember that last day after exam, when we were doing bye to every one, but his time, we were not sure when we will be meeting next, but end was there………………

कोणत्याही टिप्पण्‍या नाहीत: